For further enquiries or if you are interested to
learn more about how we can collaborate, please
contact us directly at:
Tel: +86 10 8447 7053
Fax: +86 10 8447 7058
Jiangsu DRC approves Zhugensha H2# 300MW offshore wind project
According to the Jiangsu Development and Reform Commission (DRC), the Zhugensha H2# 300MW offshore wind project has been approved. The project has a special sea area located between the Guohua Dongtai IV 300MW and Guohua Zhugensha H1# 200MW. The project’s distance from shore is 39km, making it a part of the intertidal zone offshore project. The project plans to deploy 50 units of 4.0MW and 17 units of 6.0MW offshore wind turbines. The project’s total investment is about 5.2 billion CNY and project capital is 1.04 billion CNY. (Jiangsu DRC)
While most offshore wind projects in China are developed and operated by large state-owned companies, this project’s developer, Dongtai Shuangchuang New Energy, is a private company. However, it is interesting to note that this project’s legal representative, Mr. Rong Leng, also works for CHN Energy Longyuan, which belongs to state-owned China Guodian Corporation. Last week, another project developped by a private owner was approved in Jiangsu, the GCL Rudong H15 200MW project.
Baolihua & CGN establish company to co-develop offshore wind project
Guangdong Baolihua New Energy Stock (000690.SZ) and China General Nuclear Power Group (CGN) have agreed to jointly invest in the establishment of a project company to develop the CGN Shanwei Jiazi offshore wind project (900MW) and the CGN Shanwei Houhu offshore wind project (500MW). The registered capital of the project company is 521 million CNY, of which 80% million CNY is contributed in cash by CGN, and the remaining 20% held by Baolihua. (Finance sina)
China publishes first bidding mechanism results for onshore wind project
The Ningxia 2018 wind bidding mechanism results have been published. A total of 32 projects joined the bidding, of which 20 successfully received the Ningxia DRC’s approval for a total 1 ,928 MW capacity. On-grid price bidding ranges from 0.37 to 0.49 CNY/kWh. (Ningxia DRC)
Ningxia belongs to a Type IV wind resource area; prior projects would receive a fixed FIT of 0.49 CNY/kWh. Following the new policy issued in May this year, projects now need to bid for approval with a ranking score partly based on the proposed tariff.
SPIC’s CNY 22 billion project starts construction in Jieyang City
The SPIC Jieyang 900MW offshore wind project, phase one of the Qianzhan general offshore terminal and the Jieyang gas power generation project have started construction. The three projects’ total investment is above 22 billion CNY. After a construction period of 4-5 years, the Jieyang offshore wind project is expected to supply 2.7TWh of clean energy to Jieyang city annually. The Jieyang gas power generation project is designed with an annual power generation of 1.3TWh and is planned to start operating in 2021. (Huilai GOV)
China’s biggest offshore WTG shipped to project site
On December 19, Shanghai Electric’s first 7MW offshore wind turbine has been shipped to the Sanchuan offshore project site in Fujian province. This unit is currently the largest offshore wind turbine produced in China so far. (BJX)
The Shanghai Electric 7MW PMDD offshore wind turbine is based on a license from Siemens Gamesa, and Shanghai Electric is also working on production of the SG 8MW-167 offshore wind turbine. Deeper sea, complex soil conditions combined with medium wind resource are driving the race for bigger turbines in China. So far Goldwind's 6.7MW turbine was the largest in China, but a number of OEMs are working on 7-8 MW models.